Thursday, June 17, 2010

I'm 18 weeks pregnant and my resting heart rate is 108?

Is this OK? For the last 3 weeks, my heart has been beating really hard and fast, and I know that%26#039;s normal, but is 108 out of control? I literally haven%26#039;t even walked anywhere in like an hour.



I%26#039;m 18 weeks pregnant and my resting heart rate is 108?

I just went through this myself. My resting is 109 usually, when I do anything physical it shoots up to around 136. Feels like my heart is pounding through my chest I can feel it in my ears and my throat and my head and sometimes my arms. I can%26#039;t breath and feel a little faint. And sometimes that happens when I am sitting on the couch, or even waking up from a nap. My heart rate prior to pregnancy was 65. I freaked out and my OB doc sent me to a cardiologist. Turns out I have a heart murmur. Not too serious but it explains why I have pain. Knowing this makes it easier to deal with what is happening, and knowing it doesn%26#039;t hurt the baby is a load off of me. I guess I have had it all my life, just didn%26#039;t notice until now. The doc says the pain should go away after I have the baby, and to practice Lamaze. The breathing and focus should help when it gets out of control. I signed up for a class right away. Talk to your OB and be pushy about it. If you feel that uncomfortable, your body is telling you something. Good Luck!!!



I%26#039;m 18 weeks pregnant and my resting heart rate is 108?

hi in pregnancy heart pump more blood so heart rate increases its normal some time u will feel palpitation but ur blood pressure should be normal so check it every antinatel visit



good luck



I%26#039;m 18 weeks pregnant and my resting heart rate is 108?

It all depends on what your normal resting heart rate is when you%26#039;re not pregnant. If it%26#039;s 60, then yes, 108 would be high. But your normal resting heart rate might be 85 so 108 would be perfectly normal when you%26#039;re pregnant and your blood volume has increased so much.



I%26#039;m 15 weeks pregnant and whenever I lie down and check my pulse, it%26#039;s about 100-104. It feels like the blood is pounding through my body, and I haven%26#039;t been exerting myself at all.



Basically, pregnancy is really a strain on your circulatory system. And when you lie down and your lungs are somewhat compressed, it may create even more strain. If I lie on my side, it alleviates the sensation somewhat.

No comments:

Post a Comment