Thursday, June 17, 2010

How many beats per minute must I get my heart rate up to when I excercise and how long must I mainta

I am a 38 year old male that is concerned with my heart health. What is the best excercise to do to improve cardiovascular health ? I do not want to die of a sudden heart attack. I am a little nervous because I do not excercise.



How many beats per minute must I get my heart rate up to when I excercise and how long must I maintain it ?

Since you are a beginner exercise 60% of your maximum heart rate and slowly work up to 80% of your maximum heart rate. Your maximum heart rate is 220 minus your age. So if you are 38 your maximum heart rate is 182. So for you I would start at 110 beats per minute. Another test is if you can not carry a conversation while exercising then you are exercising too hard. You should be able to carry a conversation while exercising.



How many beats per minute must I get my heart rate up to when I excercise and how long must I maintain it ?

about 120 to 165, and maintain for 30 min, if it goes over, stop!



that%26#039;s bout it, as u get older lower the rate

No comments:

Post a Comment