Thursday, June 17, 2010

How many times a day can I listen to my baby's heart rate with the fetal doppler?

is it safe to use every day?



more than twice a day?



this is NOT an ultrasound, just a doppler (picks up heart tones).



i%26#039;m not doing it for medical reasons but i had a stillborn before this one and i need a lot of reassurance. i%26#039;m 14 weeks. if i could feel the baby move, THAT would be my reassurance but since it%26#039;s too early to feel it move yet, i like to hear the heart beat



thanks



How many times a day can I listen to my baby%26#039;s heart rate with the fetal doppler?

Despite popular belief dopplers use ultrasound, it%26#039;s not simply a fancy microphone. I%26#039;d be hesitant to use a doppler on a regular basis. The jury is still out in reguards to ultrasound safety, some say it%26#039;s safe but there are studies that suggest it%26#039;s not and I tend to err on the side of caution.



You can always use a fetoscope to listen to the baby but it would probably be a couple more weeks before you could hear with a fetoscope but it%26#039;s aboslutely safe with no possible side effects.



How many times a day can I listen to my baby%26#039;s heart rate with the fetal doppler?

Do it as much as you want. There is no danger in using a doppler. Good luck with the little one, and congrats.



How many times a day can I listen to my baby%26#039;s heart rate with the fetal doppler?

Im sorry to hear about your loss, but no sound waves dont harm the baby, neither do ultrasounds just in case you were wondering. (I knew a woman in the medical field who was having twins and she did like 2 ultrasounds a week because she was so excited and her babies were perfectly healthy!)



How many times a day can I listen to my baby%26#039;s heart rate with the fetal doppler?

It is safe to use however many times you would like. I know the ones you can buy from Wal-Mart have all kinds of instructions with them and may mention that it is safe. Either way it shouldn%26#039;t cause harm. Best Wishes and Good Luck.



How many times a day can I listen to my baby%26#039;s heart rate with the fetal doppler?

OH SWEETIE SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR FIRST CHILD. MAY HE OR SHE BE RESTING WITH THE LORD!



THE DOPPLER THAT IS USED IS COMPLETELY SAFE. IT HAS NO RADIATION OR ANY HARMFUL EFFECTS ALL IT DOES IS CONDUCT THE SOUND WAVES TO YOU! I ENJOYED LISTENING TO MY BABIES HEART BEAT IT%26#039;S SO COMFORTING. IF THIS COMFORTS YOU THAN LISTEN ALL YOU WANT, NO HARM CAN COME TO YOUR BABY!



GOOD LUCK!



How many times a day can I listen to my baby%26#039;s heart rate with the fetal doppler?

All a fetal monitor is, is a type of amplifier basically like a big microphone connected to a speaker. It is entirely safe, and you can use it as many times a day as you want. I%26#039;m sorry to hear about your loss, but Congradulations on this pregnancy! Good luck in the rest of your pregnancy..



How many times a day can I listen to my baby%26#039;s heart rate with the fetal doppler?

i know how you feel, i bought one too cause i had a miscarriage and i am so scared of something happening to this baby!



It is best only to use it 2x a week for no more than 2 minutes at a time, thats what the directions read on mine but if i am concerned i will still check to make sure everything is ok just try not to use it too much, and dont worry if you cant find the heart beat straight away cause sometimes they move far into your back and it can be a little too far away to pick up the heart beat so if that happens just try it later on that day.



I love mine it%26#039;s awesum, althought now i can sometimes feel baby moving it still scares the hell out of me that something will go wrong.



Congrats on your baby and i hope all goes well this time for the both of you!



How many times a day can I listen to my baby%26#039;s heart rate with the fetal doppler?

there is no danger to you or your baby what so ever, however I think that 14 wks would be hard to get it in the right spot to hear the heartbeat but if you can find it go ahead. You can use them 24/7 for your whole pregnancy if you would like to it will not harm your baby at all. Also I have a doppler that I bought at walmart and love it it is really fun to listen to every ounce in a while. I am on my 2nd and had it for my first and it never ges old i love it. Good luck and congrats



How many times a day can I listen to my baby%26#039;s heart rate with the fetal doppler?

You could listen to it as much as you it is very safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment